1. Jane needed to deal with insecurity stemming from a sexual assault as a young teen. We were successful in cleaning up that trauma and she now is focusing on her career path.
2. Ann was confused about her relationship patterns. This week she established boundaries in a calm way that was new for her.
3. Susan seems to have a life that is always in crisis. I provide insight and stability as long as she has regular sessions. I also helped her get healing from some of the painful family abuse experiences.
4. Jill wants to understand her marriage to a husband who is now avoiding all intimacy. I provide support to those married to a spouse with an Avoidant Personality.
How to get started.
Phone(416) 939-0544 for an initial consult or to set up your first session with me. You can also text (416) 939-0544.
Fees:The fee is $150 per session hour with George. The initial session and couple sessions are often 90 minutes and the fee is pro-rated as $225 for the session.
Receipts are issued by text message and indicate the service is psychotherapy and includes my registration number with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. Clients may submit these for insurance coverage.
I would be delighted to be a guide on your journey toward deep emotional healing, and significant personal transformation so that you are ready for a fuller life. Give me a call and we can get started.
Sessions use a mix of evidence-based methods, including Christian Listening Prayer, EFT, EMDR, and Journey Work to achieve significant change.
1. listening Prayer Therapy is my Christian, professional and evidence-based intervention that aligns well with the psychological research on memory reconsolidation. The guidance of the Holy Spirit gets us on target quickly. Listening for God's truth is an effective way to heal traumatic and other memories.
2. Bilateral Stimulation (EMDR - Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). I am a trained EMDR therapist and integrate the use of bilateral stimulation (EMDR - Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) to enhance in depth emotional change. Bilateral Stimulation (EMDR - Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a helpful alternative to talk therapy and is widely accepted by psychological associations as a proven form of psychotherapy. Bilateral Stimulation (EMDR - Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) has a great track record at dealing with trauma and PTSD.
I hold a Masters degree in clinical Psychology, Department of Educational Psychology at University of Calgary, and have behind me over 40 years of practical experience as a professional Christian counsellor. Clients benefit from my fresh insights and rapid understanding of what they are sharing with me.
My primary job as your therapist is to guide your life journey. To help identify and slay the dragons on your path. My hope is that working with me you will experience successful life transitions and gain the capacity for an enhanced life. Our dragons are dysfunctional personality patterns.
Focus. My focus is on transforming core beliefs, healing significant memories and traumas so as to reduce anxiety and depression, producing a healthier way of living so that you can enjoy loving relationships and achieve enhanced performance. My process achieves freedom from symptoms of PTSD, panic disorder, and social anxiety.
Some therapists focus in immediate behaviour change and short-term goals. I focus on core beliefs, underlying issues and personality patterns.
Evidence suggests that focus on short-term behaviour change does not produce permanent change in emotional learning but the methods I use do produce real long-tern changes.
Personality patterns is another target of my psychotherapy and understanding them is one of my super powers!
My Promise No session is ever wasted. Your time and financial investment will bring you and long-term benefits that are permanent. I use three different methods to achieve depth-oriented brief therapy.
The important thing is to experience your own true inner healing. However, ultimately, your investment is not only in yourself but also in your children, your marriage, your family, your closest relationships, and your work place. Where one gets healed we all get healed. I’m excited to start this process. Why not set up your first appointment with me.
Contact me for your first Christian counselling session. George Hartwell M.Sc. Cell: (416) 939-0544 Email: ghartwell at rogers.com
How clients experience sessions with George: “In my childhood I was often neglected, abandoned and rejected. George helped me to understand the root of family issues after one session. He uncovered core issues that were holding me back as an adult and has given me the emotional and spiritual support to rise above the abandonment and rejection I went through as a child.” - Katherine, Toronto
“George has a great sense of humour that compliments his sincere nature, which is backed up by a deep faith in the Lord. His counselling helped give me a more positive self-image and erased typical pitfalls that my Christian faith had fallen into. He is very flexible and truly caring. With God's help, he guided me to a path that I think eventually will lead me out of my tendency towards depression and past hurts.” - Tish, Ontario, Canada.
“I desperately needed someone to talk with and help me work out the struggles that I was facing. George was the first therapist I had ever sat down with and I felt completely relaxed. His healing prayer therapy had a tremendously positive effect on my life; I literally was freed from strongholds that were at work in my life. I am very grateful to George and sincerely recommend him." - Gene A., Toronto, Ontario
"I have found George to be an extremely insightful counsellor. One of his greatest gifts is his ability to be empathic. He maintains a harmonious balance between psychological and Biblical principles. His emphasis in listening prayer therapy has proven to be tremendously helpful to me in my search for self-awareness and healing. I am amazed at the results. Not only has God given me tremendous insight into my emotional scars and the lies I had believed, He has also replaced these with His truth." - Sharon of Beaton, Ontario “We feel much better about ourselves and our relationship. You have taught us the skills to effectively communicate with each other and in doing so have brought us much closer together. You have handed us so many useful tools that we will forever use to better ourselves. Our deepest thanks.” - Peter and Cathy of Toronto, Ontario
Benefits of in depth Christian psychotherapy:1. Increased capacity to enjoy life. 2. More in the moment - alert and fresh. 4. Enhanced capacity to learn new material. 5. Emotional stability. 6. Enhanced capacity to build and maintain intimate relationships. 7. Inner peace and calm